Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Mommy, My Out of Batteries"... and Other Luke-isms

Like most three year olds, Luke can be a funny little guy. He makes me laugh every day with the silly little things he comes up with, so I am starting a list of my favorite Luke-isms, along with their translations...
  • "Mommy, My all out of batteries." = I am tired.
  • "Look out for that bug pile." = Ant pile
  • "My going to look in the lunch closet for some food." = pantry
  • "My can't know." = I don't know.
  • "My choiced that one." = I choose that one.
  • "Our live in a white house." = We is always replaced with "our."
  • "My hungry." = I am hungry.
  • "Mommy, why is Little Bill at the mall???" = His reaction to seeing a little black boy at the mall.
  • "My want my cold blanky and my do dog." = special blanket and stuffed blue dog.
  • "Silly mommy, Ms. Gwen is not a people... hers a teacher." = His response to me when I told him that all people go to sleep, even his teacher Ms. Gwen.
  • "Our going to run with Aaron???" = His response every time I tell him "We are going to run errands."
  • "Movie machine" = DVD player
  • "Hairy, Hairy!!" = Hurry, hurry! =-)
  • "My legs are really broken." = I don't want to walk. I want you to hold me!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely precious!!! I so wish I would of done that with the boys. I always said I would but didn't. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and so great that you documented it!! I have a (blogger/Livejournal)friend that had a majority of her blog printed and made into a book. Her husband actually did it for her (Leah) and it's beautiful. On-line blogs are great and easy to share but you should look into printing a year or so of your blog.

    ReplyDelete